Saturday, October 1, 2011

Where it all began...

After sitting down to make a website for my IPT class, I remembered the reason I became interested in Physics.
My sophomore year in high school, I watched the Nova on String Theory in an introductory astronomy class.  I became so excited and said, "I want to understand THAT!" My good teacher said, "Well, that's Physics." So, I determined to study Physics.

Over the course of six-seven years, I've done a lot of physics. Lately, I've been discouraged; having finished my physics degree I can't help but wonder: did I learn anything? am I really competent? do I really want to be a contributing physicist?

All these questions wore on my self esteem, until I started watching the Nova episode for the first time in seven years. As I watched I thought to myself, "Yeah, know that. Yup, I know why that is true," etc. it hit me: I UNDERSTOOD the episode! My goal six years ago was to understand physics, and for as much as a bachelor's student can, I think I succeeded!!

No comments:

Post a Comment