Monday, November 7, 2011

First PTP

I downloaded and learned how to use Jing, a screen cast technology. Below is an example of a screen cast I made:

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

I did everything in Microsoft Paint which is why its a little messy. My husband has a Bamboo tablet that you that would make it easier to write formulas and such on the computer.

Questions:
1. I learned that Jing is really easy to use. It is very user friendly and has great media sharing capacities.
2.This technology would be great for an online class, for examples to put on the class website, or for make up work. For example, you could pre-record a lecture so when a student is absent, they just look up the screen cast lecture to catch up on what they missed.
3. The standard in this video was "use vector diagrams to represent the forces acting on an object," (State Core Standard 2, Objective 1, Indicator b). Another standard could be "investigate and compare reflection, refraction, and diffraction of waves," (State Core Standard 5, Objective 1, Indicator b). I could address this standard by recording a screen cast of me playing with an online simulation that teaches students about reflection, refraction, and diffraction.







1 comment: